Select Page
Car Accidents

Car accidents are a frequent occurrence on today’s busy roads. Accidents of this type can both stressful and time consuming to sort out so it’s important to appoint the right legal representive. We operate a No Win No Fee service and can arrange everything from replacement vehicle to compensation and rehabilitation.


Our job as your conveyancing solicitor is to oversee the legal process in either the sale or purchase of your property. Our experienced team of property solicitors will take the stress out of the transaction allowing you to concentrate on the more important things in like moving home.

Work Accidents

Do you know where to turn in the event of accident at work? Your employer has a duty of care to provide you with a safe environment to work in. If you have been involved in an accident at work through no fault of your own, then our legal team are here to help. We can assess your work accident and advise you of both your rights as an employee and any compensation that you may be entitled to.

Medical Negligence

Being the victim of a failed medical or beauty procedure can leave you feeling alone. We are here to listen to your complaint and advise you of your rights as a consumer. Our first class medical negligence department will provide you with all the answers you need to determine your prospects of success

Housing Disrepair

Has the property you occupy made you or someone in your household unwell? Damp properties can cause damage to your belongings but most off all can lead to serious health problems. Don’t delay contact our housing disrepair department today.


Have you been sold insurance alongside your credit card, accounts or mortgage? We can help you claim back your miss sold payment protect insurance, don’t delay contact our payment protection department today.

Industrial Disease

If you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease, or suffer with a condition that has been caused by your work, you may be eligible to claim compensation. Contact our Industrial Disease Department today.

Slips, Trips & Falls

Slip trip or fall accidents are one of the most common types of accidents people have. A simple slip can cause very serious injuries such as back injuries, paralysis, broken bones & head injuries. Many happen in the working environment due to poor health & safety regulations.

Family Law

Are you looking for help and advice in relation to family law? We understand family law can be a sensitive and difficult area to negotiate. We have a wealth of experience in this area and in most cases will offer a free no obligation phone call.

Disciplinary Procedures Claims Stoke

Disciplinary Procedures can be a very complex area. Here at Claims Stoke we believe that knowledge is power, contact us NOW to speak to our employment law team who will be more than happy to provide you with FREE expert advice.
If your employer has concerns or a complaint about your work, they may decide to take disciplinary action against you.


If your employer has concerns or a complaint about your work, they may decide to take disciplinary action against you.There are a number of reasons why your employer may decide to take disciplinary action against you. These include your:

  • Behaviour at work
  • Absence from work
  • Standard of work.

Your employer should try to sort out their concerns by talking to you informally, if at all possible. However, employers may not sort out their concerns in this way and they may decide to start a disciplinary procedure. This could lead to disciplinary action and, in some cases, even dismissal. If your employer decides to a take disciplinary action or dismiss you, they should follow the procedures which are laid out in the Acas Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures. They don’t have to follow these procedures. However, if you decide to take your employer to an employment tribunal and you win your case, your employer could be ordered to pay you more compensation for not following the procedures.

The first time you may be aware of a problem with your employer is when they ask to talk to you about a concern they have. It is often best to keep this conversation informal at first because sometimes this may be the result of a misunderstanding, and you may be able to provide evidence, for example a doctor’s note, to clear things up. You should, however, keep a note of the conversation and what was agreed. However, it may not always be possible for your employer to sort out their concerns informally and they may start formal disciplinary procedures. In some cases, this may lead to dismissal.

If your employer decides to start disciplinary or dismissal action against you, they should follow the Acas Code of Practice. The Code of Practice sets out standards of fairness and reasonable behaviour that employers and employees are expected to follow in most situations when dealing with a dispute. Your employer doesn’t have to follow the Code of Practice. However, if you decide to take your employer to an employment tribunal and you win your case, they could be ordered to pay you more compensation for not following the Code. If your employer is taking disciplinary action against you, it’s always a good idea to keep a note of exactly what happens and when.

If your employer follows the Code of Practice, their disciplinary and dismissal procedures will include the following steps:

  1. Sending a letter – If your employer is considering disciplinary action or dismissal, their first step should be to write to you setting out the complaint about your work.The next step will be a meeting to discuss the problem. Your employer’s letter should include full details about what they are saying you have done wrong. There should be enough detail for you to be able to prepare a response or an explanation before the meeting. The letter should also say you have a right to have someone at the meeting with you.
  2. Arranging a meeting – Once your employer has contacted you in writing, they should also arrange a meeting at a reasonable time and place to discuss the problem. Your employer should not take any disciplinary action before this meeting. You have a legal right to ask someone to accompany you to the meeting – either a colleague from work or a trade union representative. Your employer should give you the opportunity to set out your case at the meeting. After the meeting, your employer should tell you what they have decided and should do this in writing.
  3. Appealing – If you don’t agree with your employer’s decision, your employer should give you the opportunity to appeal against it.You don’t have to appeal, but if you later decide to go to an employment tribunal and you win your case, the tribunal may reduce any compensation awarded to you as a result of your failure to appeal.If you want to appeal, you should do this within a reasonable period of time and you should put your appeal in writing. Your letter should:
    • Say that you are appealing against your employer’s decision
    • Explain why you don’t agree with the decision

Your employer should arrange a further meeting to discuss your appeal. You have a legal right to ask either a colleague from work or a trade union representative to accompany you to the meeting. You should make sure you, or the person with you, takes notes at the appeal meeting. After the appeal meeting, your employer should write to you and tell you their final decision. If you’re still not happy with your employer’s decision, you may want to think about other ways of sorting out your problems with your employer.

Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to:

  • Go to mediation
  • Try early conciliation
  • Make a claim to an employment tribunal

If you feel that you are having issues with your employer’s disciplinary procedures feel free to get in touch with our team of expert legal advisors and solicitors who can offer you help and advice with regards to challenging your disciplinary procedure.

No Win No Fee

No Win No Fee arrangements (or Conditional Fee Arrangements; CFAs) ensure that if you do not win your accident claim, you do not have to pay your solicitor a fee. Insurance will cover you against the other side’s costs and expenses. If you win your no win no fee claim, you should receive your compensation free of any deductions, as your solicitor’s costs should be paid by the other side.

Our Laywers

Average Callback (Mins)

Dealing with sensitive claims on a daily basis and giving clients respect at these difficult times is crucial to understanding the mechanics of a successful claim.

Mandy Howarth

Director/Solicitor, High Street Solicitors

Call Us Now

Call us today and one of our specialist solicitors can start your claim straight away.

Start A Live Chat

Need an answer to your question quickly? Chat Live with our staff 24 hours a day .

Email Us

Alternatively drop us an email with a brief description of your claim and we will get back to you within 30 minutes..

Housing Disrepair

Housing disrepair can often cause health issues, stress or damage to your belongings.

Medical Negligence

Have you been the victim of medical negligence? Then you may be entitled to compensation.

Traffic Accident Claims

Have you been involved in a Road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, find out more about how we can help.

Bus Accident Claim

Have you been involved in a bus accident? Have you suffered an injury as a result of this accident?

Motorbike Compensation

“Sorry mate, I didn’t see you.”

The words you are likely to hear after an accident involving a motorcycle.

Surgery & Beauty Claims

Have you been the victim of cosmetic and beauty negligence? If you have, then we may be able to help you with a claim for compensation.

Employment Compensation

Do you have problems at work, need help with a work related issue? We can assist you with all your employment problems.

Industrial Disease Claim

Have you been diagnosed with an industrial disease? Do you suffer from a condition that has been caused by work? We can help, get in touch today!