Car accidents are a frequent occurrence on today’s busy roads. Accidents of this type can both stressful and time consuming to sort out so it’s important to appoint the right legal representive. We operate a No Win No Fee service and can arrange everything from replacement vehicle to compensation and rehabilitation.
Our job as your conveyancing solicitor is to oversee the legal process in either the sale or purchase of your property. Our experienced team of property solicitors will take the stress out of the transaction allowing you to concentrate on the more important things in like moving home.
Do you know where to turn in the event of accident at work? Your employer has a duty of care to provide you with a safe environment to work in. If you have been involved in an accident at work through no fault of your own, then our legal team are here to help. We can assess your work accident and advise you of both your rights as an employee and any compensation that you may be entitled to.
Being the victim of a failed medical or beauty procedure can leave you feeling alone. We are here to listen to your complaint and advise you of your rights as a consumer. Our first class medical negligence department will provide you with all the answers you need to determine your prospects of success
Has the property you occupy made you or someone in your household unwell? Damp properties can cause damage to your belongings but most off all can lead to serious health problems. Don’t delay contact our housing disrepair department today.
Have you been sold insurance alongside your credit card, accounts or mortgage? We can help you claim back your miss sold payment protect insurance, don’t delay contact our payment protection department today.
If you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease, or suffer with a condition that has been caused by your work, you may be eligible to claim compensation. Contact our Industrial Disease Department today.
Slips, Trips & Falls
Slip trip or fall accidents are one of the most common types of accidents people have. A simple slip can cause very serious injuries such as back injuries, paralysis, broken bones & head injuries. Many happen in the working environment due to poor health & safety regulations.
Are you looking for help and advice in relation to family law? We understand family law can be a sensitive and difficult area to negotiate. We have a wealth of experience in this area and in most cases will offer a free no obligation phone call.
Spent Convictions Claims Stoke
The way in which a conviction can become ‘spent’ under the ROA will depend upon the sentence received for the offence, and the rehabilitation period that applies to that offence sentence. The principles apply to convictions in a criminal court, findings in a juvenile court, certain offences in service disciplinary proceedings and hospital orders under the Mental Health Act 1983.
The time required before the conviction is spent – the rehabilitation period – will be different depending upon the nature and length of the sentence, be it a term of imprisonment, a fine, a surcharge order, probation, or an absolute or conditional discharge. Relevant rehabilitation periods are set out below. Unless otherwise stated, the rehabilitation period runs from the date of the conviction and will generally depend upon compliance with the sentence.
Relevant Rehabilitation Periods
- Sentence of imprisonment of more than two and a half years – Never
- Sentence of imprisonment of more than six months but no more than two and a half years – 10 years
- Youth custody for more than six months but no more than two and a half years – 10 years*
- Corrective training for more than six months but no more than two and a half years – 10 years*
- Dismissal with disgrace from Her Majesty’s service – 10 years*
- A sentence of Borstal training – 7 years
- Prison for six months or less – 7 years*
- Dismissal from Her Majesty’s service – 7 years*
- Sentence of imprisonment or detention in YOI or youth custody for six months or less – 7 years*
- Detention in respect of conviction in service disciplinary proceedings – 5 years*
- (Most) fines – 5 years*
- Sentence of young offender detention for over six months but not more than two and a half years – 5 years
- Probation order or community order (person 18 or older) – 5 years
- Probation order or community order (person under 18) – Either 2 ½ years from conviction, or until the order ceases to have effect – whichever is the longer
- Hospital order under Mental Health Act 1983 – Either 5 years, or 2 years after order ceases to have effect, whichever is the longer
- Sentence of young offender detention for not more than six months – 3 years
- Conditional discharge, binding over, care order, supervision order, reception order – Either 1 year after making of order, or 1 year after the order ends, whichever is the longer
- Absolute discharge – 6 months
- Disqualification – The period of disqualification
- Cautions, Warnings and Reprimands – Spent as soon as they are issued
- Conditional cautions – Spent as soon as conditions end.
*Note: These periods are reduced by half if the offender was under eighteen at the date of conviction.
No Win No Fee
No Win No Fee arrangements (or Conditional Fee Arrangements; CFAs) ensure that if you do not win your accident claim, you do not have to pay your solicitor a fee. Insurance will cover you against the other side’s costs and expenses. If you win your no win no fee claim, you should receive your compensation free of any deductions, as your solicitor’s costs should be paid by the other side.
Call Us Now
Call us today and one of our specialist solicitors can start your claim straight away.
Start A Live Chat
Need an answer to your question quickly? Chat Live with our staff 24 hours a day .
Alternatively drop us an email with a brief description of your claim and we will get back to you within 30 minutes..
Have you been the victim of medical negligence? Then you may be entitled to compensation.